Friday, March 11, 2011

Recycle Daddy's Dress Shirt for your Little Ones

Recycle or Repurpose? Whatever word that you use, a new creation has been made, before it reaches its finally destination at the landfill. The nice thing about it, is that the materials are free or almost free, especially if purchased at a thrift shop or flea market.  You may also consider it as an heirloom piece that has been handed down to the next generations.  For example, Grampa's shirt has been repurposed and will be cherished for a long time by his grandchildren.

I've found this great idea online, at Craft Gossip.com It uses a Men's Dress shirt that has been repurposed as a little girl's dress. It's really cute, too!  I'm eager to try this one, as I'm always up for a challenge.


I've also repurposed a dress shirt and necktie, to use as a Bib.  (a Baby's Bib, that is...:) .  The bibs are reversible and backed with a soft terry cloth fabric. These fun bibs are always available at my shop:  It's Sew You!

1 comments:

Jeanine said...

Hi Nancy! Those are adorable!!

Wish I'd known of you when my son was a baby. He is the kind to hold on to things. He still sleeps with his baby blanket (he's 10).

Thanks, again, for stopping by to say hello at my blog!

Let me know if you decide to do Project 333.

I think I'm going to create a blogroll if anyone else participates that I know (there's one other, so far, but possibly tons linked to the official site). If you have a core wardrobe that you've sewn, that would be a great way to advertise!

Jeanine