Monday, March 14, 2011

Lacy Capelet in the Making

Every now and then, I like to venture off and create  something as I'm making it.    My motto is, "It's never a true project, unless it's ripped out once." And, yes...I do rip it out more often than that.  In this case, I've wanted to crochet a lacy capelet/wrap.  

I've started here, using a smooth textured yarn in sage green....




My completed capelet/wrap was done in Black (surprise, surprise - since it's one of my favorite colors)....and yes, I had ripped it out at least twice......:)



Anything lacy, is truly my favorite project.  I've made a few lacy wraps over the years and wear them year round.  It's such a convenient accessory to carry around with you, as you can toss it inside your tote bag, or drape it over your purse.  It works well in the warmer climates, as well.  Take it with you when you go shopping or to a movie theatre.  It will definitely chase away your "chills" as you enter the air-conditioned building.

I continue to have fun doing what I enjoy.  Isn't that the way it's suppose to be? -- Nancy

6 comments:

MeLi said...

So lovely!!; I just took up knitting about aweek + ago and it's rough...I wonder how different crocheting is?...this looks so fab!! ^_^
I'm your newest happy follower from SITS *_^
Meli
http://domestiquette.blogspot.com/

PythonKatie said...

That's gorgeous! I can do basic crochet type things...lol..see...don't even know that I would call it crochet next to something like yours that is a thing of beauty!

New follower!! Will be back!

A to Zen said...

That's really pretty, the wrap you made. I have always wanted to learn how to knit and crochet.

It's Sew You! llc said...

Awww.. Thanks so much for your compliments and for following my 'lil blog!

MeLi...Please don't get discouraged with knitting....I learned (or taught myself) about 5 years ago. I'd figured out how to do it. I knit "Continental style", which works best for me. My first knit project was a sweater! Yes, it was. I made 3 of them. One for my mom, daughter and for me.

Yes I Blog, Yes you can Crochet! If you know basic crochet stitches, you can create lots of fun wearables. My suggestion is for you to start out on a small project.

You can knit or crochet, Letters from Home! Believe me when I say, if I can do it, everyone can do it. Find someone in your neighborhood, or craft store or join your church group. There are how to's offered on YouTube as well.

Honeybee said...

I have only short word to describe that. BEAUTIFUL. I wish i was talented like you.
I'm stopping from theblogfrog.
Healthy Beautiful Blog

It's Sew You! llc said...

Thank you all, for visiting my blog and for your compliments. It really means a lot to me.

Anything needlework related is truly my passion. I've learned so much from others and I truly enjoy sharing it with you. I hope that you enjoy reading my blog, as I tend to ramble about my next stitching adventure.